- 1/2 lb. spaghetti (I use whole wheat)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 5-6 baby carrots, chopped
- 1+ cup Italian dressing
- 1 1/2-2 1/2 tablespoons dried salad seasoning (such as McCormick’s Salad Supreme)
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, then drain and let cool slightly. (You can rinse them with cool water to speed this up.)
- Meanwhile, chop your veggies.
- Combine cooled spaghetti and veggies in a large bowl. Add Italian dressing, starting with 3/4 cup and increasing until everything is moist. Sprinkle on salad seasoning, starting with 1 1/2 tablespoons and adding more to your liking
- Stir to mix everything together well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes to let the flavors blend.
You can substitute another type of pasta if you prefer. You can also omit or add other vegetables.
You can easily double or triple the recipe to serve a bigger crowd.
Leftovers keep in the fridge for about 3 days.